Welcome to TexasHuntingLicense.org
Hunting is a pastime that many people enjoy here in Texas, not to mention the rest of the country. Before you can join in, you must get your Texas hunting license. A hunting license allows one to legally hunt and capture certain species in the wild. This site is dedicated to helping you learn more about hunting in Texas.
In order to legally hunt in Texas, a Texas hunting license is required. Read MoreHunter Safety Course
Unless you were born before September 2, 1971, you must complete a hunter safety course to legally hunt in Texas. Read MoreRenew Texas Hunting License
In the state of Texas, you must purchase a new license each calendar year on August 31, as there is no renewal process. Read MoreTexas Hunting License Replacement
If your Texas hunting license has been lost, stolen or destroyed, you will need to purchase a replacement as soon as possible. Read MoreTexas Hunting Essentials
From the green plains to the dry desert, you'll need to prepare for different Texas hunting climates. Read MoreSpecies to Hunt in Texas
In order to hunt different species in Texas, you will need to make sure to have a proper stamp, whether you're interested in migratory birds or reptiles and amphibians. Read MoreNonresident Hunting in Texas
We've put together a Texas Hunting License & Forms Packet to assist you with the Texas hunting license process, as well as offer you helpful information on a myriad of hunting-related topics. Read More
We've put together a Texas Hunting Packet to assist you with the Texas hunting license process, as well as offer you helpful information on a myriad of hunting-related topics.
Click here to access the Texas Hunting License Checklist & Forms Packet.
- When hunting with firearms, remember to keep firearm safety in mind.
- Do not litter, a clean environment has more animals to hunt.
- Keep food sealed when not eating.
- Keep dry, especially your feet.
- Have plenty of food and water.
- Do not feed wild animals.
- Keep important documents sealed and easily accessible.
- Keep your cellphone charged, and have an extra battery charged if possible.
- If staying overnight, keep in mind the general safety rules of camping.
- Make sure to have plenty of fuel for your hunting vacation.